Monday, July 12, 2010

Plan B

Hello all!! Welcome to our new blog page.

To those of you who have read my previous blog page, I still have it. I have added it to my "favorite" blogs so feel free to go back and read it anytime.

With that being said, our family has changed since I blogged on my previous page and as it seems, our lives could be changing again. Hence the new "Title" or "name" of our page... THE RILEY CLAN... "PLAN B".

If you are reading this and are thinking, "this was posted a while ago", you are right. I am posting this now to keep up with things so that I don't forget and then I will be giving out the site address later. I will explain why....

As I said earlier, our lives have changed so much since my last blogging days. Some good things, some not so good things and some incredible things.

For one..... we added a new addition to our family this time last year!! Brady boy came into our lives on July 20th last year and has been such a joy!! We all love him so much and Mackenzie is such a proud sister. She has had a hard time learning how to be a big sister but she has turned out to be a wonderful big sister!!! We love her so much!!

Second.... We are in the midst of our Plan B. Let me explain what I mean by our "plan b"!!! I actually never looked at it this way until a friend of mine suggested a book to me. It was called "Plan B, What do you do when God doesn't show up the way you thought he would?" by Pete Wilson. This book talks about how your "plans" and God's "plans" in your life aren't always the same. Boy did this hit home. It is so true and makes you think about how you aren't supposed to control your own life but give it ALL...... let me say that again (for you AND for myself!!) ALL over to Him and let Him do his job!! If you are like me, that is such a hard thing to do!!

And when I re-read the title "What do you do when God doesn't show up the way you thought he would?" It really isn't fitting for the situation that we are going through right now with a job change and a possible move out of the state because we feel God and His presence, it is just that this is not what we had envisioned for our future BUT... we are okay with the prospect!! We look at it as a new adventure. Our only hope is that we will do what GOD wants us to do and that He will make it perfectly clear to us what He wants us to do. I know that if he leads us there, He will take care of us. We all know it!!

I am sure you are probably thinking.... What is she talking about? Move???

Well, let me explain. A few months ago, there was talk of Mike traveling back and forth to North Carolina to help (the company that bought his current company out) with getting somethings set up and running smoothly. So, on September 1st, Mike will be traveling back and forth from Tennessee to North Carolina. After he travels for a few months, we will see if there is a move in our future or not. Hence... our "PLAN B".

So, as I type, I am sitting in a hotel in North Carolina starting our new blog about our Plan B situation. We are excited to see where God leads us whether it be to stay in TN or move to NC. I am here this week with Mike to check out the city and to get a feel for it in the event that we do move.

The purpose of this "new" blog is for our family and friends to be able to keep up with our journey since we are no longer on facebook if we were to move and if we stay in TN, you will be able to keep up with what is going on with us anyways.

Stay tuned for more soon!!!......................

No comments:

Post a Comment